Contact lens wearer nearly blinded after swimming in sea
Author: Zoe Wickens
A Scottish man was blinded on holiday in Spain after swimming with his contact lenses in, according to local media.
The Edinburgh Evening News reported that Muir Fulton from Ayrshire needed to have a cornea transplant after both of his eyes became infected. He had forgotten to remove his contact lenses before going swimming, the newspaper said.
He cut his holiday short to fly home for an operation using a donor cornea from the national eye bank.